Sunday, December 18, 2011

Graduation



This is my own two children, Ashley and Wesley.  Both of them are college graduates this year.  Wesley graduated from Athens Tech with Automotive Collision and Paint Body Repair and Ashley graduated from Art Institute of Atlanta with Culinary Arts.  I am a very proud mama right now. I am so blessed to have two wonderful children. They are crazy just like their mother.  Both of them took a few year out of my life scaring me to death. Wesley for two years in a role ended up in the emergency room the day before Thanksgiving. The next Thanksgiving I duct taped him to the wall (not ready) I made him sit still and watch TV.  Needless to say we didn't visit the ER.
Ashley when she was 3 she decided to eat some wild berries that are on the briar bush.  I called the poison control center and they told me that those berries can kill a grown cow.  I had to give her Ipecac syrup to make her throw up.  She finally got rid of the berries and was fine.  Me on the other hand was a nervous wreck.
One day I was cleaning house and looked out and saw Wesley what looked like laying on the ground with his foot up against a tree. Arms folded under his head just relaxing. NOT..   I called out to Wesley and he did the ok sign, I then knew to investigate.  OMG cleaver Wesley was climbing the tree and he lost his footing and slipped wedging his foot between two small branches and fell. He couldn't get his foot out and he wasn't going to let me know he was stuck so he just laid back and was counting the leaves. I don't know which one it was either he didn't want to admit that he couldn't climb the tree without falling out ( you know moms you are going to fall) or he had knocked himself silly. Which one hurts his pride more.  Never know.

Well I am on my way to Atlanta for a party for Ashley. I will see you all soon.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment