Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years in Virginia



This is a picture of my husband and myself in Virginia. We took the family to my sisters to spend the New Years with.  We were hoping for snow like last year, but it didn't happen.  It was very warm and beautiful.
We took the kids on a hay ride down to the river. It is a very beautiful place. A place where you can just sit all day and think. I love living here in Georgia but Virginia is a amazing state.


My sister and her husband, Danny lives on their family farm. Dean and Clyde is Danny's parents. Together they have around 200 acres of the most beautiful land.  Here is a picture of the first family house that was built in the late 1800's restored of course but not many changes to it.  They still cook on a wood stove.  They still have a potatoe barn. Also this is the only way in and out to their house on this swinging bridge.  I couldn't imagine having to walk across a OLD bridge every day.  This is just a few of the things that makes this farm a unique place. I will later add more photos of our trip. 

 Untill tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment